Monday, September 19, 2011

My Secret Sauce


Connected together like velcro, mind-melding, finishing each other sentences, and knowing every secret scattered in their brain.  It is hard dissecting the world for that one person who fits into that unfinished puzzle of your life.  Once you find that piece, the piece of a best friend, everything seems to fit perfectly.  It becomes easy telling all of the secrets from your brain, spending every waking moment together, and knowing each other like you know the back of your hand.  Friendship is hard to find, especially the kind I have found.  It took me years to find as I ran through the maze of adolescence, but I finally reached the end when I met Carly.  Having this feeling of knowing someone will always have your back and catch you when you fall is one of the best in the world.  Having a friend like Carly is difficult to find, it is almost as hard as discovering a diamond in the rough.  I am so lucky to have her as a friend. She is the special, secret sauce to my Big Mac.

1 comment:

  1. I love the description of your best friend, Carly. The picture is great, too. Please fix all the fragments (incomplete sentences such as the one beginning with "Dissecting the world..."and "Telling all of the secrets from your brain..." The feeling of knowing someone will always....") and your comma splice problem in your last outstanding sentence...love the metaphor of friendship as the secret sauce to a Big Mac (even though I am vegetarian).

    ReplyDelete